How to Crack SSC CGL (New Pattern)- Preparation Tips and Strategy
It will just take a couple of minutes to read this article and whether this is your first attempt or not, you will surely be an edge ahead of other students by knowing “How to Crack SSC CGL (New Pattern)- Preparation Tips and Strategy”
In 2019, Approximately 30 Lakh Candidates have applied for SSC CGL 2019 to compete for around 10,000 Posts/ Vacancies in Various Central Government Departments.
Before rushing to the strategy lets take a look at the level of competition we are dealing with here.
Considering the Current Job Market, Everyone wishes to have a Govt. Job because of Job Security and lucrative income + facilities. SSC CGL Competition is at an all-time high but what if we tell you that you can crack this exam in just one attempt (even if you are in your final year of graduation)
www.luckyexam.com is committed and serious for your preparation of SSC Exams. Before wasting any time let’s get straight to the Bhramastra Strategy and Preparation Tips which is prepared under guidance from Teachers of Prestigious Institutes of Delhi and 2017, 2018 SSC CGL Qualified Students.
Step 1: Thoroughly Understanding SSC CGL Exam Pattern and your Half work is done
- SSC CGL 2019 is a 4-Tier Exam going to be conducted from March 2020.
Scheme and Subjects of Tier-1 SSC CGL Exam
- SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam is COMPUTER BASED [Online] Exam in which you have to attempt 100 Questions (of 200 Marks) in 60 Minutes
- Negative Marking: 0.50 Marks for every Wrong Answer
- No Sectional Cut-Off & No Sectional Time Limit
Click Here to Know the Detailed Syllabus (in Table Form) of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2019
Scheme and Subjects of Tier-2 SSC CGL Exam
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam is COMPUTER BASED [Online] Exam
- Each Paper has 100 Questions of 200 Marks
- Negative Marking: 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV and 0.25 Marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are COMPULSORY FOR ALL THE POSTS
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for ONLY those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II in the office of Registrar General, India (M/o Home Affairs) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-IV of Tier-II will be for ONLY those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Office
Click Here to Know the Detailed Syllabus (in Table Form) of SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam 2019
Scheme and Subjects of Tier-3 SSC CGL Exam
- SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam is Descriptive Paper [Pen and Paper Mode] of 100 Marks
Tier-3 Exam [Duration: 60 Minutes]
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi|
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)
Click Here to Know the Detailed Syllabus (in Table Form) of SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam 2019
Scheme and Subjects of Tier-4 SSC CGL Exam
- In Tier-4, Skill Test [Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)] is for Certain Posts ONLY.
- DV (Document Verification) is for ALL the Posts.
Step 2: Start SSC CGL Preparation by doing Important Topics (Most Frequently asked) First
Remember that there are NO SECTIONAL TIME LIMITS AND NO SECTIONAL CUT OFFS. So your job is to simply MAXIMIZE your score however you can and the BEST WAY of doing so is to cover topics that SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Asks the Most.
Here is the List of Important Topics + Topic/ Subject wise Questions from Previous year papers of SSC CGL
I. General Awareness – How to Crack SSC CGL – Preparation Tips & Strategy
This is the Highest-Scoring Section in the SSC Exams. Major topics covered in general awareness are given below along with their Previous Year SSC CGL Questions to get you an idea of what is the Current Trend
- Ancient History: Prehistoric cultures in India, Indus Valley Civilization, Mahajanapadas to the Nandas, Mauryan Empire, Different Religion- Bhagavatism, Saivism, Mahayana Buddhism and Hinayana, Jainism and Culture and art Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Ancient History Questions
- Medieval History: North Indian Kingdoms, Kingdoms of the Deccan, Delhi Sultanate, Islamic Kingdoms in India, Vijayanagara Empire, Bhakti and Other Religious Movements, Mughal and Sur rule and the Arrival of Europeans Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Medieval History Questions
- Modern History: Decline of Mughal and Maratha Empire, Rise of the Regional States and European Power, British Paramountcy and Acts, 18th Century Revolts and Reform, Indian National Movement Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Modern History Questions
- Physics: Important inventions and their inventor; S.I. units; Motion; Sound; light; Wave; Energy; Electricity Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Physics Questions
- Chemistry: Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses; SI units; Chemical Name of Important substances, Chemical Change and Physical Change; Properties of Gases; Surface Chemistry; Chemistry in Everyday Life. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Chemistry Questions
- Biology: Important Inventions and their inventor; Important and Interesting facts about human body parts; Diseases and their causes like Bacteria; Viruses and Protozoa; The Last four chapters of NCERT of Class 12th for the environment. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Biology Questions
- Economy: Terminology of Budget (like National Income, GDP, Fiscal Deficit and many more); Five Year Plan and its importance; Famous persons in the economy; Institutions and their importance like RBI, SEBI, etc. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Economy Questions
- Polity: Supreme Court; Election of President and his functions; Important constitutional bodies like CAG; Facts about parliament; Fundamental Duties; Governor and his functions; State legislature; Major Constitutional amendments and their importance; Official Language; Emergency Provisions; National political parties and their symbols. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Polity Questions
- Computer & IT: Development of computers; Input and output devices; Memory. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Computer & IT Questions
- Physical Geography: Major straits, highest lowest points of continents, physiography, drainage, soils, forests, climate, etc. all the recent data or the last census can be asked regarding mortality rate, gender, literacy rate, etc. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Physical Geography Questions
- India & World Geography: India and its neighboring countries; Famous Seaport and Airport and their location; the important institution of world and India and their locations like BRICS, World Bank, IMF, RBI, etc. Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – India & World Geography Questions
- Sports: National and international sports tournament, awards, trophies, and cups related to cricket, football tennis and other sports Click here to Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL Topic Wise – Sports Questions
- Current Affair & Miscellaneous: Population Census; Important books and their writers; First sports achievement for India and the world like first Olympic, first Asian Game, etc.; State Animals and Symbols; Awards and their importance; Name of the Scientist who got Noble prize for important discoveries.
II. English – How to Crack SSC CGL – Preparation Tips & Strategy
|English Topic||Download PDF of All Previous Year SSC CGL |
Topic Wise Questions + Detailed Solution/ Explanation
|Spotting Error & Common Error||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|Sentence Improvement & Correction||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|Synonyms||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|Antonyms||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|Idioms & Phrases||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|One Word Substitution||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|Spelling Correction & Mistakes||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
|English Grammar Rules with Spotting Error||Download PDF – Previous Year SSC CGL Questions|
III. Maths / Quantitative – How to Crack SSC CGL – Preparation Tips & Strategy
- BEST BOOKS for SSC CGL MATHS Preparation: Previous Year Paper by Kiran Publication
- Always do Maths from ONLY ONE BOOK and do the Same Questions when you revise as the demand for SSC Exams is the Speed of your Aptitude
- 5 Chapters are most Important for SSC CGL. More than 50% of Questions are asked from these Chapters
IV. General Intelligence & Reasoning How to Crack SSC CGL – Preparation Tips & Strategy
- BEST BOOKS for SSC CGL Reasoning Preparation: Previous Year Paper by Kiran Publication
- 70 % Questions are from the Verbal Reasoning Section i.e. Direction, Arrangement, Series, Ranks Coding, Decoding, Syllogism and Statement Conclusion, Analogy and Classification/Odd Pair
- 30 % Questions are from NON-Verbal Reasoning Section i.e. Figure Formation, Rule Detection, Images, Completion of Pattern, Dice, Triangle, Figure Matrix, and Paper Folding, Mirror Images
- Reasoning Questions are Easy to Solve for a Graduate Student. you just have to remember these 2 Golden Rules
Step 3: Daily Read Feature Stories and Editorials in Newspaper
- Two Sections: General Awareness [GK/ Current Affairs] and English will improve Immensely if you read feature stories and editorials daily
- From the Last two years, SSC has slightly Shifted its Focus from Static Gk to Current Affairs which you can see here – Download PDF of Current Affair Questions from Previous Year Papers of SSC
- New Words of English can be learned from Newspapers/ Magazines but Improving Grammar requires an Interactive Study Material which our team prepared for you – Question-Answer + Methodology of Attempting English Questions in SSC Exams
Step 4: Create Personal Notes
- Make Notes as Precise and Short as possible, keeping in mind Whenever Required, you can revise all notes in 2 Days Time
- Don’t read once and start making notes. First Read a topic/Subject, then go through previous year questions of that topic. Once you get the idea of how SSC frames the question then pick up pen and make personal notes
- Don’t Infect your notes with Virus 👹 : Extra and Irrelevant Information is Like Virus in your notes, It will take your precious time + will make Revision so hard – You will get demotivated and bored
Step 5: Analyze your Strong and Weak Areas by Taking 2 Mock Tests Daily
- https://www.luckyexam.com/ is providing FREE TOPIC WISE MOCK TESTS of SSC Exams
- Give Test Now by Clicking Here and Check your score to analyze your Strong and Weak Areas + Detailed Explanation of all Answers
- First Improve your Weak Areas and give more time to them.
- Then after you have mastered all the Topics. Revise them again and again and again…..
So, this is it, we hope you loved to have this information. Share this with your friends and spread the knowledge.
Sharing is Caring 🙂
We Provide Study Material PDFs for all State Exams also, Check them out too:
For Latest updates – Connect and Join us on Social Media:
- SSC CHSL 2017-18 Spotting Error pdf download
- Ancient History Gk Hindi Quiz-1
- Article 3 of Indian Constitution in Hindi
- Ancient History SSC CGL 2018 PDF Download
- Rajasthan GK in Hindi PDF Download
- Ancient History Gk Hindi Quiz-2
- SSC CHSL 2017-18 Synonyms PDF with Hindi meaning
- Wren and Martin English Grammar Book Download PDF