7th March Q&A English SSC CHSL 2018
1.Sordid- involving immoral or dishonourable actions and motives. Disgusting, odious, abominable घिनौना , निन्दनीय.
Antonym – Pleasant, respectable, honourable.
2. Turbulence- a state of conflict or confusion. Turmoil, अशांति , हलचल . Antonym- peace, calmness.
3. Implicit- suggested though not directly expressed. implied, indirect. antonym- explicit, direct.
4. Mordant- (especially of humour) having or showing a sharp or critical quality; biting (चुभता), caustic, व्यंग्यमिश्रित,sarcastic. Antonym- Gentle, kind, soft.
5. Prim- very formal , proper, नियमानुकूल, feeling or showing disapproval of anything regarded as improper.
6. Loath- reluctant; unwilling अनिच्छुक, असन्तुष्ट. Antonym- willing, eager.
7. Truculent- eager or quick to argue or fight, defiant (विद्रोही ), aggressive. Antonym- cooperative, friendly, amiable.
8. Discerning- having or showing good judgement, discriminating, judicious, समझदार, विवेकी.
Idioms & Phrases
1.All thumbs – awkward, clumsy, अनाड़ी- फ़ूहड़
Ex- My mother does beautiful painting, but I’m all thumbs.
2.A wet blanket – a person who spoils other people’s fun.
3. Burn (one’s) boats – to do something that cannot be easily undone or reversed in the future.
4. Smooth ruffled feathers – To attempt to calm or appease someone who is annoyed, irritated, or upset.
Fill in the blanks
1. ———– worst is yet to come.
Ans.- use definite article ‘the’ with superlative degree worst .
2. The bank decided to ______ them the money as they were reliable clients.
Ans: (1) . lend – कर्ज़ देना. let- अनुमति देना . Borrow- उधार मांगना. lease- पट्टे पर देना, rent.
One Word Substitution
1.One who hates marriage –Misogamist
2.A place where dead bodies are buried –Cemetery, कब्रिस्तान.
1. A period of six years (A)/ have elapsed (B)/ since I last saw her. (C)/ No error (D).
Explanation:-A period of six years is a singular subject. Hence ‘singular verb’ i.e. has elapsed should be used.
छह साल की अवधि गुजर चुके है जबसे मैंने आखिरी बार उसे देखा था।
- SSC CHSL 2017-18 Spotting Error pdf download
- Ancient History Gk Hindi Quiz-1
- Article 3 of Indian Constitution in Hindi
- Ancient History SSC CGL 2018 PDF Download
- Rajasthan GK in Hindi PDF Download
- Ancient History Gk Hindi Quiz-2
- SSC CHSL 2017-18 Synonyms PDF with Hindi meaning
- Wren and Martin English Grammar Book Download PDF